Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Who is Martini?

And what is her baby doing in a bar?

I had to take this pic while standing at a urinal in the local 'mo bar. I'm sure the guys in line were really confused but I'm afraid if I explained it to them, they'd be even more confused. "Isn't there supposed to be an apostrophe if it ends in an 's'?"

Anyway, a sign promoting a new night called Luv Lounge - I won't get started on how this sort of spelling is surely causing people to think that "love" is spelled "luv" - announces Martini's Baby and Lounge DJ Rick.

Standing there, I fantasized that Martini is a drag queen and her baby is a dwarf in diapers that she carries around whilst singing "baby" songs: "Baby Mine," "Baby, Oh No," "Cry Baby Cry," etc. Wouldn't it be a great show?

It's probably just bad punctuation, though.

A closer view:


Oh, and shouldn't it be "Martinis, Baby!"?